It seems like it was a lifetime ago when the only way you could listen to your favourite tunes, was via the radio, buying a record, cassette, or CD. In the 21st Century, streaming music has become a craze, giving listeners a larger variety of music choice at their fingertips, while not compromising the change in their pockets.
I was curious…. What are the best selling songs of all time? To my surprise, not one of the top 10 selling singles through history have been produced in the 2000s. Despite Justin Bieber's 'Baby', PSY’s 'GANGNAM STYLE', and Mark Ronson’s 'Uptown Funk', collectively accumulating over 9,028,021,464 views on YouTube, not one of them are featured in this list. Is it a great success that music is more accessible for all, no matter geographic location or the number in their bank account? Or is it a shame that artists are not being awarded pay sufficient enough to keep the music industry alive & healthy? That’s up to you to decide, but continue reading to see the Top 10 Best Selling Songs of All Time...
10. Mariah Carey - “All I Want For Christmas Is You”
9. Whitney Houston - "I Will Always Love You"
8. Celine Dion – “My Heart Will Go On”
7. Baccara – “Yes Sir, I Can Boogie”
6. The Ink Spots – “If I Didn’t Care”
5. USA for Africa – “We Are the World”
4. Bill Haley & His Comets – “Rock Around the Clock”
3. Bing Crosby – “Silent Night”
2. Elton John – “Candle in the Wind 1997″/”Something About the Way You Look Tonight”
1. Bing Crosby – “White Christmas”